Buying Your Lady Lingerie That She Will Want To Wear
Lingerie boutiques can be awkward for men, but here are some suggestions and hints on what to buy and how to buy it.
“Sales staff are trained to narrow down the field by asking questions and making suggestions, so men won’t feel overawed by the range and choice.Here are some suggestions for getting her something for her, not something for you.
1.Women tend to enjoy items for special occasions that they may not buy themselves. If she usually wears a t-shirt and flannel pjs to bed, take it one step further to a baby doll or a more daring choice. “Try to make it special and fun and slightly sexier than the usual.
2. Underwear individuality.Base the lingerie on her personality. If she’s daring and assertive, go for the novelty lingerie. But if she’s more reserved, she’d prefer something subtle. Either way, you can’t go wrong with the most flattering underwear; lacy boyshorts.
3. Size matters.Don’t go into the store and measure up the sales associate to determine your wife or girlfriend’s size (”Umm, she’s about your size”). Do some investigative work. Open up her underwear drawer and check out the sizes before you go shopping. Also, peek in her closet to
find out her dress, blouse, and pant sizes, so you can at least narrow it down to small, medium, or large.
4. How big are they anyway?If you’ve ever wanted to know how women determine the 36 in 36-26-38, here’s the gist:
• She measures her chest diameter, just below her breasts.
• Add 5 to this number to get a number usually between 32-40 (the band size).
• To get cup size, she measures the diameter of her chest directly over her nipples.
• The difference between these two numbers determines cup size. (For every inch, you go up a size, so to be a D-cup the difference between the two numbers would be 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches.)
5. Underneath it all.Buy her classy lingerie that she can wear under her clothes. “Women prefer something that’s sexy but can be worn on a daily basis. A lot of women like to feel sexy during the day, by wearing something under their clothing that can crossover from daywear into night. Even when she’s at work, it will make her feel sexy to know she’s wearing something special underneath. And she’ll be thinking about the man who bought her that something special - all day.